This program opens on 01/01/2022.
- Define the core principles and foundations of population health research;
- Generate meaningful research questions, articulate empirically testable hypotheses, conduct a systematic literature review, and conceptualize the arc of a research project;
- Articulate the utility and applications of descriptive epidemiology;
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different epidemiologic study designs;
- Identify key sources of population data and understand their strengths and weaknesses;
- Calculate measures of disease occurrence and measures of association and effect;
- Critically analyze research for confounding and the presence of other sources of bias;
- Calculate statistical measures of variability and confidence intervals;
- Write a clear and effective research abstract and effectively communicate results.
Essentials of Population Health Research