After completing this module, the student will be able to:
- Describe the role of environmental health as a factor in the burden of disease.
- Identify several of the major environmental determinants of health and disease;
- Using the exposure-disease conceptual model, outline the relationship between hazard and health outcome for several environmental hazards;
- Discuss the influence of susceptibility, based on a hazard’s biological mode of action and vulnerability on health risks for major environmental determinants of human disease.
- Describe the disparate environmental health exposures and outcomes in low income and communities of color.
Developed by Wendy J. Heiger-Bernays, PhD, Clinical Professor, Environmental Health, Boston University School of Public Health.