After completing this module, the student will be able to:
- List and describe the three core functions of public health.
- Expand on the three core functions of public health and discuss how they relate to the 10 essential function of public health.
- Define and give examples of primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention of disease.
- Discuss modern concepts of population health.
- Briefly explain how “Public Health 3.0” differs from earlier approaches to public health.
- Explain the rationale and approach of HI-5 (Health Impact in 5 Years).
- Outline the overall structure of global public health.
- Outline the overall structure of United States public health.
Developed by Wayne W. LaMorte, MD, PhD, MPH, Assistant Dean for Education, Boston University School of Public Health.