Home Forums From Data to Dashboards Summer 2021 Discussion 2 (DTDS21) Reply To: Discussion 2 (DTDS21)

Linda Am
Participant

• Which type of graph do you think is best for showing Flores del Mundo’s membership trends over the course of the year?
A line graph would be great to visualize the membership trends over the course of the year. A colorful bar graph is also a good option for interpretation because it also shows trends over time.
• Does your answer change if you’re graphing total membership versus employee/spouse/dependent? My answer does not change, I like both options because they both have valid ways of showing trends over time. Although, in this case, I prefer to use color coded bar graphs since they are easier to visualize at a glance and can show the different categories of employee, spouse, and dependent.
• Does your answer change if you want to show Eastern and Northern on the same graph? I believe we can show both a line graph and bar graph in this case as well if we want to show both Eastern and Northern on the same graph as long as the x axis is time and the y axis is the total number of membership. Color representing these categories is helpful but I would prefer both. They are both great.