Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Generate appropriate descriptive statistics to summarize public health data using JMP
- Compute and interpret confidence interval estimates and tests of hypothesis using JMP
- Interpret statistical results, tables, and figures from public health literature
- Appropriately interpret and present, in lay terms, descriptive statistics, estimates, tests of hypothesis, crude and adjusted measures of effect
Sullivan, L. (2018). Essentials of Biostatistics in Public Health, 3d Edition. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Publishers.
Note: a Kindle version of the book is provided free of charge.
JMP License Information
PHX has partnered with JMP/SAS to provide a free 2 year license of JMP® (Student Edition) to all participants in this course. To request your authorization code, please email email@example.com.
All quizzes and projects are due by the end of the week (Sunday 11:59pm). Quizzes can be found in each lesson under presentations. Quizzes require a passing score of 80% or higher and can be retaken as many times as needed.
- Summary Statistics
- Confidence interval estimates for continuous outcomes
- Hypothesis testing for continuous outcomes
- Categorical data analysis
- Correlation and linear regression
- Multiple linear regression analysis
- Logistic regression and survival analysis
Certificates are issued within 2 weeks of successful course completion.